2010/09/24

Austin's Experiences With Lawn Tractor Attachments

By Austin Byne

When I was growing up my family had an old Cub Cadet Garden Tractor that we used mostly for mowing the large lawn at our place and my grand parents. This was a great little tractor, and as I have gotten older I have really come to appreciate the plethora of garden tractor attachments that are available for this little garden tractor.

A few years ago I purchased an old 1974 Case 444 garden tractor a have since rebuilt the engine and much of the machine. Like the Cub Cadet garden tractor, the Case 444 has many yard tractor attachments available for it. Mine came with an under belly mower deck and a hydraulic rear tiller.

This is just the start of the yard tractor attachments that a person can get though. There are snow blowers, tillage tools, log splitters, generators and really you name it that can either be bought or built for this and other lawn tractors.

It is great fun to look around on the internet to see the creativity of people as they are building yard tractor attachments for these and other lawn tractors.

I found a forum over at yahoo that is full of guys modified and building attachments for the Case 444. There are also forums for the Cub cadet and the Wheel Horse lawn tractors as well as many others I am sure.

There are also many plans available for building attachments for you lawn tractor. One set of plans that looks like a lot of fun to build are a loader and mini backhoe for a yard tractor. While I think the loader could have many practical uses, I rather doubt that a backhoe could be of enough use to justify the work or expense to build. Never-the-less I think it would be great fun to build and play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment